Iles and jenkin Limited is committed to protecting your privacy
In this Privacy Notice the terms, 'we', 'us' and 'our' are references to Iles and Jenkin Limited, company number 05690800 , having a registered address of 179 High Street, Worle, North Somerset. BS22 6JA
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you through our website (www.ilesandjenkin.com) (Our Site), or that you provide to us through Our Site or via other methods you may communicate with us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, including:
What information is being collected if you are a prospective or existing customer?
Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
By accessing, browsing or otherwise using Our Site you confirm that you have read and agree to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with any part of this Privacy Notice, you should not use Our Site or use our services.
We reserve the right to change the contents of Our Site, including this Privacy Notice at any time, by posting such changes on Our Site. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the Privacy Notice regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of Our Site following the posting of any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 23 May 2018.
What information is being collected if you are a prospective or existing customer?
We may collect personal information from you in connection with your use of Our Site, including such personal information as:
- your name, email address, telephone number and property address when you register for a My Move or Portal account or use an online form to arrange a viewing, register for property alerts, request a valuation or lettings consultation, book a mortgage appointment or submit an enquiry;
- details included on any enquiry form you submit in relation to property insurance, life, critical illness or income protection, conveyancing or mortgages;
- cookie data which relates to your use of Our Site;
- data sent from your browser to our server which may include:
- the time, date and duration of your visit to Our Site;
- the site from which you have come (the referral URL);
- the pages visited on Our Site; and
- your IP address.
We may also collect information from you in connection with a service or product provided to you by us, including personal information such as:
- your name, postal address, phone number, email address and details of your requirements where you engage us to provide estate agency services on your behalf either in branch, at your property, by telephone or by email;
- where appropriate your marital status, date of birth, nationality and tax status when you enter into a residential sales or lettings agreement with us;
- financial or other identifiers including your bank account details, tax URN number and income/expenditure details where we manage a financial transaction for you, set up a standing order, or take payment for the services which we provide to you;
- your date of birth, nationality and other details from identity documents which you provide to us where we are required by law to carry out know your client anti-money laundering checks and right to rent checks and the results of those checks;
- details of your mortgage arrangements, confirmation of how long you have owned the property and details of the source of monies invested in the property when you register to sell;
- proof that you have sufficient funds to pay any deposit required when you wish to make an offer to buy a property;
- evidence of the source of funds you will be using to buy a property, including for example, a copy of your bank statement or an agreement in principle from your mortgage provider;
- evidence that you have the right to let a property where you are a landlord;
- details of any mortgage or insurance, licensing documentation and service contracts which you have in place in relation to a property you wish to let where you are a landlord and we are providing you with letting services;
- your marital status, employment details, national insurance number, nationality, residential status, bank details and credit history when carrying out referencing and credit checks and the results of those checks;
- details relating to your property including photographs, floor plans, energy performance certificate ratings/ home reports, property description and survey results when you engage us to market a property for you;
- photographs of your property when we market your property for sale or to let, prepare an inspection report on the condition of your property, or when we prepare an inventory to record the condition of your property at the start or end of a tenancy;
- your contact details, move in and move out date, utility meter serial number and meter readings where you are a landlord or tenant, prior to a tenant moving in to a property and when the tenant moves out;
- your move in and move out date and details of the deposit you have paid where you are a tenant when registering or releasing any deposit from a deposit protection scheme;
- your client reference number and the balance of any debt which you owe if we are required to take steps to collect a debt or take possession of a property;
- references relating to you, or information required to prepare a reference for you where you are a tenant; and
- your title, names, contact details, preferences for delivery methods, sex, civil/marital status, date of birth, nationality, occupation, employment and remuneration information (including salary/bonus schemes/overtime/sick pay/ other benefits) and employment history, bank account details, tax information, loans and credit commitments, personal credit history, sources of income and expenditure, family circumstances and details of dependents, confirmation of whether or not you smoke, any pre-existing mortgage and/ or insurance products and the terms and conditions relating to these, credit reference checks and details of the type of mortgage, insurance and/or protection you require where you are receiving mortgage, insurance and/or protection advice from us.
Use of the information we collect
Your information will be used by us in connection with the following purposes:
Providing You with Services:
- To provide you with the estate agency services which you have asked us to provide, including but not limited to:
- helping you to sell your property, or to find a property to purchase;
- valuing your property; and
- letting services;
- to provide advice on financial services related to your property transaction, including mortgage, insurance and, protection products;
- to introduce you to conveyancing services;
- to keep you informed of any developments in relation to any mortgage product, protection product or insurance product which we help you to take out;
- to protect a tenant’s deposit by registering it with a deposit protection scheme;
- to take payment from you for the services which we provide;
- to arrange and carry out viewings;
- to process the receipt and payment of rent, maintenance and tax for you if a property is being let;
- to arrange an energy performance certificate or home report inspection for you;
- to arrange an inventory check or to prepare a report on the condition of a property if it is being let;
- to ensure that utilities are in place and that utility companies and local authorities are able to contact you for billing purposes when you move in to a property;
- to carry out tenant referencing and credit checks to assess if you are creditworthy before you move in to a property. To carry out such checks, your personal information may be shared with credit referencing companies, please refer to the Disclosure of Information section below for further details;
- to better understand your requirements and provide you with services specific to your needs;
- to improve the services we offer by analysing your personal information so we better understand how you use our services;
- to keep client records up to date;
Marketing of Our Services to You:
- to provide you with general updates in relation to the property market, in accordance with your preferences;
- to provide you with information which we reasonably believe may be relevant to you based on the services we are providing to you including information on mortgages, third party and conveyancing services;
- to carry out targeted advertising to you on social media websites such as Facebook where you have already shown an interest in our services. This is done through analysing information we collect about your interactions on Our Site and making this available to social media networks;
Responding to Your queries:
- to help answer any questions which you have asked one of our agents or staff members;
- to provide you with a quote for our services;
Improving Our Site:
- to analyse cookie and website usage data to keep improving Our Site;
- to allow us to customise the content which is presented to you based on your likely interests;
Legal and Regulatory Obligations:
- to comply with applicable laws where we are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information;
- to investigate or address claims or complaints relating to your use of our services;
- for internal and external auditing purposes;
- to carry out anti-money laundering checks;
- to carry out right to rent checks;
- to transfer information to any entity which may acquire rights in us;
- to collect a debt which is owed to us; and
- for onward referencing where you are a tenant.
The legal basis upon which we deal with your information
Wherever we collect or use your personal information, we will make sure we do this for a valid legal reason. This will be for at least one of the following purposes:
- because it is necessary to fulfil the terms of our contract with you - if you have entered into a contract with us for example to sell or let a property;
- because it is necessary to support the legitimate interests of our business in operating Our Site and providing estate agency services efficiently to meet your needs - in all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate and respects your privacy rights and you have a right to object to processing as explained in the section on Your Rightsbelow;
- to meet responsibilities we have to our regulators, tax officials, law enforcement, or otherwise meet our legal responsibilities
- where we have obtained a clear consent from you - we will always make it clear when we need your consent and how you can change your permissions at any time thereafter.
If you would like to know more about the legal reasons or legitimate interests that apply to a particular way in which we use personal information you can contact us at any time. If you would like to know more about the legal reasons or legitimate interests that apply to a particular way in which Our Estate Agents use your personal information you should refer to their privacy notice or contact them directly.
What is the source of the information we collect?
The majority of the personal information which we collect will have been voluntarily provided by you, however we may also obtain your personal data from other sources including: