Tenants’ Guide to Charges
Iles and Jenkin is a member of and covered by Client Money Protect, www.clientmoneyprotect.co.uk.
Iles and Jenkin are also a member of a redress scheme provided by The Property Ombudsman www.tpos.co.uk.
Copies of the TPO Code of Practice plus our complaint handling procedure are available from our branch.
Under the terms of the Tenant Fee Act if you enter into an ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY, payments which may apply will be as follows:
Permitted Charges in accordance with the Tenant Fee Act 2019
- First month’s rent in advance
- Tenancy Deposit the equivalent of 5 weeks rent
- Holding Deposit maximum one week’s rent
- Early termination when requested by the tenant a charge not exceeding the financial loss experienced by the landlord
- Utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
- Default charge for late payment of rent limited to interest charged at 3% above Bank of England base rate, when rent is more than 14 days late Default charge for replacement of lost key or security device equivalent to cost incurred
- Changing the tenancy documents after the commencement of the tenancy £50 inc. VAT